Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ben had his scheduled surgery on Monday at St. Joseph's medical center. It was a long morning for us, getting him ready, then waiting for the surgery and waiting for him to come out of the anesthesia. I have to say I tried to mentally prepare for the "going in" part but I had no idea how hard it would be to watch him come off of the anesthesia. He was not himself, and the doctors/nurses had warned us that this would be the case, but watching your 14 month old try to tear off his IV and shake, and scream and kick is so difficult and a little scary. Of course, mommy was in tears.....the nurse finally took out the IV and he fell asleep after a bottle of milk. I'm sure he was tired of all the screaming he was doing. So, we brought him home to a pretty quiet low-key day....he slept a lot. So did we.

....but today is Wednesday and our baby is back to his antics, throwing noonies and ducky out of the crib, dancing to blue's clues and waking up in the middle of the night wanting to be held. I have to say, even though we're (still) not getting a lot of sleep, I'm so happy he's back to normal!

No comments: